Our company headquarters is “green”
Does it make sense to produce ecological detergents and natural cosmetics in a sad and dark factory built in reinforced concrete, which consumes liters of diesel fuel to be heated and discourages you to go to work every morning?
Let’s try to be consistent!
Three years ago we purchased a ’70s very energy-intensive building.
It happens by chance, however, that one of the two owners, Pierluca Urbinati, is both a surveyor and a great fond of green building. This technique he studied and deepened since 1995, was not so known at that time. The same word “green building” was not fashionable and if you told about such building materials as lime and wood you were held up with suspicion.
So we put in place some works for renovate the factory in a sustainable way, both for environment and for our pockets too...
The watchword was “Let's insulate!”.
- The old iron and single glass window fixtures were replaced with aluminum thermal-break ones with insulating low-emissive glazing.
- The ceiling was insulated at the top with a panel of 8 cm obtained from the spinning of recycled PET bottles. The same panel was then used to produce an inner thermal insulation coating for the offices.
- The laminate floating floor of the offices was recovered from a neighbouring company offices abandoned after a few months and it was isolated from the contact with floor thanks to a wood fiber panel of 2 cm.
- 6 kW of photovoltaic panels manufactured in Italy were installed, in order to feed a hot/cold pump which is used for heating or ccoling down offices. The warehouse is heated with ceiling-mounted linear radiant heating, which heat by radiation without creating problems of handling air and dust the common heating systems have.
- All the walls have been painted with natural paints containing lime, milk and eggs.
- The vaulted roof of the building was made of copper, a material that ensures durability and recyclability.
- The tables of the offices were made starting from a panel of chestnut of 3.5 cm and finished with oil and wax.
- The insulation works on the building led to the replacement of the old 120 kW oil boiler with a condensing 28 kW methane boiler with bill savings of more than 30%.
As you can see, we try to be sustainable in all our aspects!